Friday, December 5, 2008

The Limited Edition Collection

As the Stardoll Staff says - The Limited Edition Collection is for Fashion Leaders who set the trends that others follow.

I honestly believe that Stardoll really worked hard on these fashions. They seem very well-made and very detailed. The trends included in the Limited Edition Fashion Collection includes the following trends: Sequins, Studs, Zippers and Bold Colors.


The Sequins trend is very popular, especially among the younger generation. The light plum-colored sequined tights are very cool and edgy, while the black sequined dress is not really that fabulous. It's actually ugly. The shoes that the model is wearing are so chic, so you'd probably make the right choice by buying them. I am also a fan of the cape, which is very original, quirky, and it is definitely eye-catching.


Moving on to the next trend, that is the Studs trend. I have been a follower of this friend since Fall 2007. Even though this trend is perfect for any rock girls, with an edgier fashion sense, it can look great even with your everyday look. I am a fan of all pieces, especially the boots, the pants and the bag. I cannot select a favorite.


The Zippers trend is very interesting. I really like the purple-pink shift dress with zipper details, and the ankle boots. But as a personal favorite from this trend, I'd have to say that the cut-out black leggings are definitely the perfect investment. They are very chic.


The final trend, the Bold Colors, even though they aren't really that bold, but that doesn't make them uncool. As a favorite, I select the skirt and the high heels. The rest, is just boring.

Here's a preview of the LE (Limited Edition) store:


In the pictures above, you were able to see just a part of the whole collection. Here is the whole LE collection.

Now that you have seen the whole collection, and my opinions on it, I decided to ask a few Stardoll users on what do they think of the question itself. I asked them the following questions:

1. What do you think of the Limited Edition Fashion Collection?
2. Which one of the chosen trends do you like most? Why?
3. Are the fashions a good investment?
4. Did you buy any of them?
5. How do these pieces of clothing reflect on your everyday style?

Let us begin with Greek fashionisa, and former Eternity director (is she back in Eternity?) Fay (fayasi) and her thoughs on the collection.

I like the Limited Edition collection but I think of it as a it overpriced. It's Haute Couture. I like the sequins trend the most. The tights are uber stylish - So are the tops! In my opinion those clothes will be appreciated by people who REALLY like fashion. To the others, I'd advise to spend their money on something else... Or if they don't like the clothes. I bought most of them and spent about 1000 Stardollars on the purchase. The final is a tough question. Hmmmm, I think they actually do reflect on my style because they're kinda glamorous & risky...
California heiress, Ashley (BeverlyHillsHei) was the second to share her opinion on the trends and the collection.


I love it!! It's edgy and young and fresh. It's what Stardoll needs. But it sucks that they have to be limited. Cause you know every girl is gonna be fighting to get it ... including myself. I wouldn't be affraid to break some knee caps just to get what I want. Hmm .... that's a tough one.I really REALLY like the sequins trend, the bold colors trend, and the studs trend. I can't choose a favorite out of those 3. I like the sequins because what girl doesn't like sequins?? It makes something stand out!! I really like the bold colors cause again ... it makes you stand out. I love the studs because it's edgy and rocker chic which I just love that trend right now!! Any piece of clothing is a good investment cause you never know when it is gonna come back in style or if something is gonna be classic and timeless. I bought a shirt. It's edgy. And I always try to be edgy.

Here are Ella's (rock-princess3o) thoughts.


I Think it's Nice, But too Expensive. Stardoll are doing it for the Money. If there is a Rare Collection then you want to buy more and then you have to Get More Stardollers. Its all A Scandal. I Like the Ripped Leggings as they are the Cheapest of the Range and Look Very Rockstar Chic. I Bought them Because Again they where the Cheapest and Also I Have a pair in Real Life. I Like Many Of them but they are very Couture and Fancy Gala whereas I Like to go For Different Looks Each Day So Maybe Once In a while I Would Wear them.

Next is, modelxdior.


I thought it was an amazing idea. I prefered the stud collection because it will last for a long time. The collections are an amazing investment, who knows how much they will be worth next year. These reflect every day style because no matter what mood you are in there will be one peice to fit your fancy.

Rhiann (Welsh_witch) has an interesting point of view.


I get the whole angle they were going for, but I think Stardoll is trying way too hard to tap into the whole 'rares' craze. The prices are ridiculous, I dont see how they ever thought this was a good idea. My favourite trend is the studded ankle boots. These are the ones i would wear in real life - although Im not a big fan of the matching jacket, the boots are crazy hot. I dont think these clothes are a good investment at all. The point of them was that they are rare, only a certain number will be sold, but its recently been noticed that Stardoll keep restocking them - so now they are just insanely expensive clothesI havent bought any of them, and I doubt I will. I think paying real money for one item of virtual clothing is a rip-off. These clothes dont really reflect my personal style in everyday life, but I guess thats the point of Stardoll. That you can wear clothes you wouldnt normally, you can experiment with your style.

Keisha (snapple2), writer for Stardoll Fashion Forward.


I love all of the pieces...They are all so colorful and fit me very well. I really like the studded trend. Because its like a Punk Rocker type trend and I am all for it. I think some of them are...But others I have seen similar stuff in Starplaza before for much cheaper! Yes, I bought the white LE dress fr 75sd. They reflect my everyday style because I try and make my outfits coloful for the most part, but the studded trend is dark, and has a Punk type theme to it, but I love that as well!

The new Star Awards host, Jennifer (jeremyn2005)


I think the LE collection is really cute and modern. It fits for all style, you can mix and match it with other pieces for any look. I like all of the trends, I couldn't pick just one. I do have favorites though, first of all the Stud Jacket, the Zipper Dress, Pom Pom Jacket, and the Black Sequin Cut Out dress. I think they are a good investment because one item could be worn every season. If you buy a top that could be worn every season, your're saving money from buying a new top over and over. I bought three currently. I still have 300 SD and might buy more. These pieces reflect on my everyday style because as I said before, they are wearable for any outfit.


I think that it's a nice collection, but It is quite overpriced. I like the short jacket the most. I didn't buy any of them, I'd rather buy more clothes from the other brands! & the clothes are nothing like my everyday style, to be honest. That is one of the reasons why I didn't buy any.
And finally, Sephora (Carla.nr1).

I think the prices are ridiculous!! I love the trend with the studs, becouse it can be chic and like a rockchick. For stardoll it's a good investment, cuz they'll get rich! I'm absolutaly not gonna buy a thing! it ain't even real clothes. and cyber-clothes ain't worth 100 sd!! The jackets and the highheels are exactly my style. I got similar clothes in reallife.

6 comments:

iina. said...

Thank you for featuring me!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for featuring me!
:D

RetroButterfly said...

TBH i don't like it, its WAY to exspensive! I don't like any of it. My Opinion thats all.

Anonymous said...

Awesome post!All the le are way to over priced and some of them look funny. Well none of them are my style so that is probally why...
See ya!
Corraco

H. said...

Fayasi isn't working in Eternity anymore.She works in other mag. :)

Carla.nr1 said...

Its so cool you did a article on my stardoll years ago!