Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Wanna be on top?

Ah, I just love watching America's Next Top Model, because I love to see Tyra making a fool of herself. It's so fun to watch. Anyway, there are hundreds of Top Model contests, but unfortunatelly, they are all boring and uninspiring.

As I was going through some of the clubs of people I know, I saw a club - SNTM.XX. I said to myself that this was just as most contest, but I was wrong. The weekly challenges are very original and creative. So, I knew I had to feature this. I had a interview with the show's host and creator Blair (itgonnarain), and its judges Kasia (Undamyumbrellla) and Mell (bluegreen86).


Hi Blair. I am glad you accepted our offer to do the interview. First of all, can you tell me what inspired you the most to create this contest, Stardoll's Next Top Model? Were the modeling contests such as America's Next Top Model, Australia's Next Top Model, Germany's Next Top Model, or even Canada's Next Top Model, or just your huge passion for models and fashion?

Blair: When I created the Stardoll's Next Top Model contest, I was inspired by fashion and the creative things you can do with modelling. Obviously America's Next Top Model, Australia's Next Top Model, and other similar shows have had a huge influence in how the competition is organized. I was also inspired by the amazing things stardoll members were doing with their sceneries, and how they styled their medolls...there just has to be a competition for that!

Hi Kasia! Your passion for modeling and fashion, is clearly relflected in your position as a judge in Blair's (itgonnarain) modeling contest - Stardoll's Next Top Model. Before we focus on the contest and your position in it, please share your favorite designers, favorite models, fashion inspirations, with us.

Kasia: Oh, well I have a lot of favorites. I really love designers such as Marc Jacobs, Karl Lagerfeld for Fendi, Christopher Kane, and John Galliano. They all have such unique styles that reflect in their designs every season. As for my favorite models - I love Irina Lazareanu, Sasha Pivovarova, Agyness Deyn, and Freja Beha Erichsen.

Mell, before we start talking about the modeling contest, please share your favorite fashion inspirations, models, designers... I am sure that everyone has noticed the picture of Jourdan Dunn in your presentation, so I believe she's your favorite. Can you name a few more models that you like, other than her?

Mell: Well hm I am inspired but almost anything in everyday life, but sometimes I am inspired by things that are not necessarily beautiful. I find inspiration in things like those because I love turning things into something with beauty, and I love changing something. Some of my favorite designers are Balenciaga, Badgley Mischka, Erin Fetherston, and I love Versace. I love Jourdan Dunn she is a huge role model to me, and other mdoels I love are doutzen kroes, Chanel Iman, Hilary rhoda, and then icons that I love who are models are like Naomi, and Iman!

What do you like about your position as a judge in the contest?

Kasia: Oh, I think it's a lot of fun. I think itgonnarain comes up with some of the best challenges, and it's always fun to share my opinions. I have competed in a competition ran by itgonnarain early this summer, and this fall (when she started this new competition), I returned as a judge.

Mell: I personally love the position because I was in Itgonnarain's first modeling club a while back, and I actually won it, so I can relate to the girls and I know what it takes to win this competition. I also try to see potential in girls and try to see the rare beautys, as does itgonnarain. I love seeing a flower blossom!

Can you describe in a few words, what you consider the perfect winner of Stardoll's Next Top Model?

Mell: I think the winner of SNTM should be someone who every girl can look up to and admire. Someone who can get up when their down and go beyond obstacles in their way. I want someone with passion and someone who is dedicated. Of course I want them to have amazing style, poise, manners, the looks, and a fresh face but those are only some of the traits I want them to have.

Kasia: The winner of Stardoll's Next Top Model should be passionate, stylish, beautiful and most of all unique. One of the main things the judges look for is someone who is fresh, and different from most girls. Our last winner, Siamesecatlover, does not have the traditional model look, and that's why we liked her so much. She was very unique, and it reflected in the way she dressed her medoll and in her gorgeous sceneries.

And, the final question - who comes up with the ideas for the challenges? Just Blair, or all the judges?

Kasia: Well, Blair makes them up. However, if any of the judges feel inspired - or have an idea, we know that Blair will listen to them.

Mell: Blair thinks up most of them! I have a modeling club which I started because Blair inspired me, and sometimes we use eachother's challenges but with permission. The challenges usually come from Balir's head though she has wonderful ideas, and I love seeing what she will think up next!

Blair: The perfect SNTM winner would be someone who is unique, a good role model, stylish, and stunning of course. It is important to be yourself and have fun because then your style and what makes you unique will shine through.

Can you tell me when do Cycle 3 Auditions start?

Blair: After Cycle 2 is over. It will be posted in a top spot discussion so if you're in the club, you will be notified.

No comments: